(PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL) August 16, 2016—Zimmer Biomet (NYSE and SIX: ZBH), a global leader in musculoskeletal healthcare, is pleased to announce the launch of TSVT and TSVM MP-1® HA Dental Implants, manufactured by Zimmer Dental. An extension of the successful1 Tapered Screw-Vent® Implant Family, these additional implant configurations are designed to address clinical challenges and preferences for crestal bone maintenance and soft tissue management through coronal texturing options with microgrooves.
TSVT and TSVM MP-1 HA Implants feature a highly crystalline MP-1 HA-coated midsection designed to resist dissolution for long-term coating stability, while achieving high levels of bone-to-implant contact.1 The TSVT and TSVM MP-1 HA Implants are available in the same diameters and lengths as existing TSV™ Implants. New configuration options include:
• TSVT: MTX® microtexturing to the top of the implant, coronal microgrooves and an MP-1 HA-coated midsection
• TSVM: 0.5mm machined collar, coronal microgrooves with the MTX Surface and an MP-1 HA- coated midsection
“We are excited to offer dental clinicians these contemporary options from Zimmer Biomet to expand their surgical repertoires. Importantly, the TSVT and TSVM MP-1 HA Implants offer the same primary stability, prosthetic stability and long-term clinical success that have been well documented over the past 15 years with the Tapered Screw-Vent Implant Family,” said David Josza, General Manager of Zimmer Biomet’s dental division. “As we continue to expand our dental offerings to address a broad range of clinical situations and surgeon preference, we will continue focusing on our customers with an innovative dental portfolio of implant and regenerative solutions, leading service and support capabilities and world-class medical education.”
TSVT and TSVM MP-1 HA Implants feature the exclusive Platform Plus™ Technology, which minimizes micromovement and screw-loosening for prosthetic stability and creates highly favorable conditions for long-term crestal bone maintenance:
• Lead-in Bevel – Designed to reduce horizontal stresses better than flat “butt-joint” connections1
• Friction-Fit Connection – Virtually eliminates abutment micromovement leading to screw loosening1
• 1.5mm Deep Internal Hex – Shields the abutment retention screw from excess loading, distributing occlusal forces deep into the implant1
All references contained herein to Zimmer Biomet Dental refer to the Zimmer Biomet Dental Division. Due to regulatory requirements, Zimmer Biomet’s dental division will continue to manufacture products under Zimmer Dental Inc. and Biomet 3i LLC respectively until further notice.
1Data on file