On the eve of the 3rd International Expert Symposium hosted by Ivoclar Vivadent in Madrid, the winners of the IPS e.max Smile Awards 2016 were announced and the awards were presented. This prize recognizes exceptional achievements and work done with IPS e.max.
Three finalist teams from three different regions of the world attended the awards ceremony, which marked the end of the contest. The excitement was palpable until the very end, since the invited teams only found out whether they had won bronze, silver, or gold in their category at the prize-giving event.
The winners are:
Region Asia – Pacific:
· 1st place: Dr Tetsuya Uchiyama and Michiro Manaka (Japan)
· 2nd place: Dr Jineel Ham and Ha Seong Yoo (Korea)
· 3rd place: Dr Baijun Sun and Benhui Du (China)
Region Europe – Middle East – Africa:
· 1st place: Prof. Dr Petra Gierthmühlen and Udo Plaster, MDT (Germany)
· 2nd place: Dr Ferran Llansana and Juan Sampol Reus (Spain)
· 3rd place: Dr Anna Giorgadze and Ilias Psarris (Greece)
Region North and South America:
· 1st place: Dr Luis R. Sanchez Ramirez and Alen Alić (USA)
· 2nd place: Dr Gabriela M. Pappaterra Torbay and Libardo García Tolosa (Colombia)
· 3rdplace: C.D. Lucio A. Quevedo Hernández and Ramón A. Sánchez Hernández (Mexico)
A passion for dentistry
The judging panel was impressed by the high quality of the winning entries. All the projects showed exceptional creative flair. The dentists and dental technicians provided their patients with outstanding service. Panel member Dr Sidney Kina was particularly pleased with the commitment and motivation shown by the teams: “Each team gave its best to strike a perfect balance between form and function. I can feel a passion for dentistry in all the photos.” His colleague Oliver Brix added that all the teams had earned utmost respect and the highest acclaim for their work.
IPS e.max Smile Award
The IPS e.max Smile Award is a contest held worldwide to find the most esthetic dental cases solved with the IPS e.max all-ceramic system. An independent panel of experts evaluates all the entries in terms of esthetics, complexity and harmony and selects the winners. They will gain international recognition and their work will receive exposure at congresses and in professional journals.