The American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID) named nine dentists from around the world to the coveted status of Honored Fellow at its recently concluded 64th Annual Conference. The Honored Fellow designation is awarded to those members of the AAID who, through their professional, clinical, research, or academic endeavors, have distinguished themselves within implant dentistry.
Named as Honored Fellows were:
- Norman Barbone, DDS, FAAID, DABOI/ID, Mansfield, Ohio
- Mario Cabianca, DMD, FAAID, DABOI/ID, Trail, British Columbia, Canada
- Mark Cullen, DDS, FAAID, DABOI/ID, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Chris Hughes, DMD, FAAID, DABOI/ID, Herrin, Illinois
- Ed Kusek, DDS, FAAID, DABOI/ID, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Michael Nishime, DDS, FAAID, DABOI/ID, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Cheryl Pearson, DMD, FAAID, DABOI/ID, Lexington, Kentucky
- Shane Samy, DMD, FAAID, DABOI/ID, Eugene, Oregon
- Hamilton Sporborg, DDS, FAAID, DABOI/ID, Chatham, Massachusetts
Established in 1951, the AAID is the only dental implant organization that offers credentials recognized by state and federal courts as being bona fide. Its membership, which exceeds 5,000, includes general dentists, oral surgeons, periodontists and prosthodontists from across the United States and in more than 60 other countries.
For more information about the AAID and its credentialed members, please log on to the website at www.aaid.com or call the AAID at 312-335-1550.