New York, NY – October 29, 2014 – Colgate®, the global leader in oral care, is pleased to announce the launch of “Science to Cities”, a five-city educational lecture tour led by key industry thought leaders who will present the latest perspectives on evidence-based dentistry.
Entitled, “New Perspectives on Evidence-Based Dentistry,” the lectures will offer timely, applicable and educational information featuring new approaches to the practical application of evidence-based dentistry in clinical practice.
Each lecture will discuss the gum disease epidemic among the U.S. population while helping dental professionals make informed evidence-based recommendations for patient home care of both natural teeth and implants. In addition, the technology behind dentifrice containing triclosan/copolymer will be reviewed in detail along with the mode of action, clinical benefits
Participants will learn:
• New advances in periodontology and evidence-based management of disease including treatment protocols
• How evidence-based dentistry can be used in clinical practice to make decisions for patient care
• The fundamentals of systematic reviews – how to interpret results and the role these reviews play in evidence-based dentistry
• New insights on implant maintenance and the role of triclosan with respect to inflammation
• A review of the safety and efficacy of triclosan for use in Colgate Total® toothpaste
“Almost half of American adults have periodontal disease and far too many are living with chronic gingivitis and inflammation,” remarked Dr. Barbara Shearer, Director of Scientific Affairs for Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals. “As part of our efforts to decrease these concerning statistics, Colgate is committed to providing timely, relevant information to the industry in order to increase successful patient outcomes. We are happy to provide this educational tour which spans the nation so that dental professionals have access to these informative lectures and can apply this newfound knowledge to their daily practices immediately.”
Colgate has enlisted an impressive lineup of distinguished key thought leaders for the presentations. Dates, locations and speakers are as follows:
• Boston – November 19th – John Comisi, DDS & JoAnn Gurenlian, RDH, PhD
• Atlanta – November 21st – Angelo Mariotti, DDS & Ann Eshenaur Spolarich, RDH, PhD
• San Francisco – December 3rd – Angelo Mariotti, DDS & JoAnn Gurenlian, RDH, PhD
• Houston – December 5th – Angelo Mariotti, DDS & JoAnn Gurenlian, RDH, PhD
• Chicago – December 10th – John Comisi, DDS & JoAnn Gurenlian, RDH, PhD
While registration for the event is $49, all interested attendees are encouraged to take advantage of an early registration offer of $29.
To register for Colgate’s Science to Cities tour, please call 844-382-5224 or visit www.ScienceToCities.com. These events are open exclusively to all practicing dentists and hygienists.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, Mennen, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sorriso, Kolynos, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sanex, Ajax, Axion, Soupline, and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet. For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s website at www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures®, Colgate’s global oral health education program, please visit www.colgatebsbf.com.