CHICAGO, October 29, 2012 - The American Dental Association's (ADA) newly revised ADA Practical Guide to Effective Infection Control DVD and workbook is on sale now. The materials are designed to provide guidance to dentists and their staff about infection control and occupational health and safety in the dental office.
The 40-minute DVD shows easy-to-follow steps to implement infection control techniques correctly, safely and efficiently during clinical procedures. The corresponding workbook provides more in-depth coverage of the various topics covered in the program. The workbook's four sections include the fundamentals of infection control, disinfection and sterilization, infection control during clinical procedures and special considerations.
The ADA Practical Guide to Effective Infection Control includes:
* An expanded section on the safe handling and disposal of needles and other sharp instruments
* Safety protocol in the event of a possible exposure to bloodborne pathogens
* How to wear and dispose of personal protective equipment, such as gloves, gowns and masks
* Infection control during radiographic procedures
* A CE test worth 8 hours of continuing education credit
* World Health Organization (WHO) hand-rub and hand-wash illustrations
* Self-assessment checklists, goal setting worksheets and unit review questions.
The threat of infectious disease through occupational exposure remains a primary concern for all health care workers, including those in dentistry. Whether you are a dentist, office manager or dental team member, the ADA Practical Guide to Effective Infection Control is a key component in safeguarding the well-being of both patients and staff. The workbook and DVD is $135 for ADA members and $202.50 for non-members. To order, call (800) 947-4746 or visit www.adacatalog.org<http://www.adacatalog.org>.