Posted on October 9, 2013
MARYVILLE, Tenn.--()--Proper oral hygiene is an essential part of healthy living and a fabulous smile, but without proper oral care that goes beyond brushing, bacterial communities known as biofilm, or plaque, live it up on tooth surfaces and along gum lines.
This biofilm “party” leads to plaque build-up and can harden into tartar, which stains teeth and can lead to expensive toothaches as well as other health concerns for millions each year.
Plaque grows naturally on the teeth in the form of a microbial community called a biofilm. During the first few hours of plaque build-up, these biofilm “communities” stay soft and are easily removed. However, if left unattended, biofilms harden into tartar within 24 hours, and after 10 days can only be removed with professional dental tools like a pick and scaler.
“Nothing says ‘party’s over’ for bacterial biofilm like daily flossing and oral care that goes beyond brushing,” said Charlotte Havely, Director of Marketing of DenTek, the national leader in several oral care products that clean between the teeth to alleviate oral bacteria and promote good oral hygiene.
“Apart from the obvious health and physical-appearance benefits, a big positive of preventative care is that dental treatment costs are drastically reduced, saving thousands of dollars during the course of a lifetime,” said DenTek CEO Dave Fox. “It takes about 10 minutes a day to implement an oral hygiene routine, which for many people is less time than shaving or applying makeup.”
Why else should people shut down the oral bacteria party?
Research has identified periodontal (gum) disease as a risk factor for heart and lung disease, diabetes, premature, low birth weight babies and a number of other conditions.
According to Dentalhealthsite.com, brushing without flossing is comparable to cleaning only 65 percent of the body, leaving 35 percent untouched and prime for bacterial growth.
“Managing gum disease is about daily plaque control, and brushing alone just isn’t enough,” Charlotte Havely said. “Flossing every day and taking care of your total oral health is an investment in your overall health.”
DenTek is a national leader in oral care products found in retail stores nationwide, such as Walmart, Target, Walgreens, CVS, Kroger and others. Visit www.dentek.com or call (800) 433-6835 for more information.
May 22, 2015
May 22, 2015
May 22, 2015
May 21, 2015
May 20, 2015