Lucy Hobbs Project Seeks to Recognize Dental Professionals
Posted on November 25, 2014
PITTSTON, PA — November 24, 2014 — From operatory to laboratory, a new generation of women is changing dentistry. The Lucy Hobbs Project®, powered by Benco Dental, aims to recognize these revolutionaries with six awards that celebrate their distinctive talents.
Slated to take place at the Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards in Baltimore, Maryland, June 4 - 5, 2015, the Lucy Hobbs Project® Annual Celebration Honoring Exemplary Women in the Dental Community will honor those who are setting new benchmarks in the dental profession and beyond. The annual event, named for the woman who, in 1866, became the first American female to earn a degree in dentistry, will recognize and award industry professionals whose achievements mirror those established by Lucy Hobbs.
Beginning now, through the January 16, 2015 deadline, Benco Dental encourages people across the country to nominate women in dentistry who they view as an inspiration to others. Six categories for consideration include:
· Woman to Watch: An up-and-coming leader who utilizes her position to create positive change in the industry.
· Industry Icon: A trailblazer who is consistently recognized and admired for her work in the dental industry.
· Mentor: An advisor who recognizes the importance of supporting, educating and encouraging others.
· Innovator: A groundbreaker who demonstrates a willingness to implement new technologies and business processes without fear of potential failure
· Humanitarian: An altruist who works tirelessly for a charity or cause that benefits the well-being of others.
· Clinical Expert: A skillful practitioner who embraces advancements and adeptly integrates them into patient care.
Individuals and organizations may submit nominations. Self-nominations are accepted. Contest entrants are directed to the 2015 Lucy Hobbs Project® Awards Nomination Form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LHP2015
The Lucy Hobbs Project® empowers women in dentistry to drive change and deliver success through networking, innovation and giving back. Named after Hobbs, this project aims to bring women together from all facets of the dental industry – dentists, dental assistants, hygienists, receptionists, sales representatives and others. The project is free to join and offers networking opportunities, education programs and charitable events.
Among the 2014 Lucy Hobbs Award honorees are women whose unwavering professional dedication merits accolades: Joan Austin (1931-2013); Karen Gear, DDS; Mary Hartigan, DDS; Maria Maranga, DDS; Terryl A. Propper, DDS, MS; Katti Webb Simpson, IPDH; and Kaaren G. Vargas, DDS, PhD. Learn about their contributions to the profession in dental lifestyle magazine, Incisal Edge: http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/636592a9 - /636592a9/1
To learn more and sign up for The Lucy Hobbs Project®, visit The Lucy Hobbs Project® website at: www.thelucyhobbsproject.com