American Academy of Implant Dentistry Elects New Officers
Posted on November 19, 2013
CHICAGO (November 18, 2013) — The American Academy of Implant Dentistry elected John C. Minichetti, DMD, FAAID, DABOI/ID, of Englewood, NJ as President at its recently concluded 62nd Annual Meeting.
Elected to serve as President-elect was John Da Silva, DMD, MPH, ScM, AFAAID, of Boston, MA. The newly elected Vice President is Richard Mercurio, DDS, FAAID, DABOI/ID, of Lincroft, NJ. Shankar Iyer, DDS, MDS, FAAID, DABOI/ID, of Elizabeth, NJ was elected Treasurer and the newly elected Secretary is David G. Hochberg, DDS, FAAID, DABOI/ID, of Atlanta, GA.
Members of the Board of Trustees include:
- Nicholas Caplanis, DMD, MS, FAAID, DABOI/ID, of Mission Viejo, CA (Immediate Past President)
- Francis DuCoin, DMD, FAAID, DABOI/ID, of Stuart, FL (Past Presidents’ Representative)
- Adam Foleck, DMD, FAAID, DABOI/ID, of Norfolk, VA
- David Gimer, DDS, FAAID, DABOI/ID, of Iowa Falls, IA
- Steven Hewett, DDS, FAAID, DABOI/ID, of Winter Haven, FL
- Steve Holbrook, DMD, FAAID, DABOI/ID, of Albuquerque, NM
- Christopher Hughes, DMD, FAAID, DABOI/ID, of Herrin, IL
- Brian J. Jackson, DDS, FAAID, DABOI/ID, of Utica, NY
- William Liang, DMD, FAAID, DABOI/ID, of Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
- Ashok K. Patel, DMD, FAAID, DABOI/ID, of Waltham, MA
Established in 1951, the AAID is a dental implant organization offering credentials recognized by federal and state courts as bona fide. Its membership, which exceeds 4,600, includes general dentists, oral surgeons, periodontists and prosthodontists from across the United States and in 40 other countries.
For more information about the AAID and its credentialed members, visit the American Academy of Implant Dentistry’s website at www.aaid.com or call the AAID at 312-335-1550 or 877-335-AAID (2243).