Inside Dental Technology
October 2012, Volume 3, Issue 9
Published by AEGIS Communications
Get the Highest Return for Your Scrap with Argen Refining
Argen’s state-of-the-art refining service is revolutionizing the industry. With a continued record-breaking demand for precious metals, scrap refining is more valuable to your laboratory than ever. However, laboratories often do not get what they deserve for their scrap. Sophisticated technology, precise processes, and trained professionals are all necessary to maximize a refine, and The Argen Corporation’s detailed refining protocol delivers just that.
Argen has been serving the dental industry for over 50 years. With this extensive experience, they have developed one of the most sophisticated analytical technology centers in the world. This experience has lead Argen to develop a refining process with unique procedures and additional scientific steps, which differentiates their service from others. Argen truly believes that, with their refining service, you will receive the highest return available for your scrap. And each refine you send to Argen is supported by the Argen Guarantee: If you’re not 100% satisfied with the results of your assay, Argen will return all materials to you at no cost.
Daryl Withrow, vice president of operations at Glidewell Laboratories, says:
“Since Glidewell Laboratories’ scrap refining totals are more than $3,000,000 per year, it is important that we use a refiner with strict controls and accurate assays. Of the many operations we have seen, Argen’s facility is truly state-of-the-art, and the staff members—including a full-time chemist—are highly trained and professional. We can depend on Argen’s analysis to be accurate on a consistent basis. That is why Argen has proven to be the best choice for all our high-grade scrap.”
When you refine with Argen, you have a partner who will keep you informed throughout every step of the process. Argen supplies your laboratory with a FREE shipping kit and pays all shipping costs, including insuring your shipment for no extra charge. Argen accepts solids, grindings, filings, carpets, sweeps, and virtually any other form in which your materials may exist. Argen offers containers for your scrap ranging in sizes from 1 quart to a 50-gallon drum, which they provide at no charge. But before your scrap arrives at Argen, consider these helpful hints to maximize your return:
• Process precious and non-precious metals in distinct areas.
• Separate your precious solids, grindings, and sweeps.
• Accumulate platinum and palladium foil in their own containers.
• Collect all the grindings from benches and drawers.
• Vacuum laboratory coats, bench surfaces, chairs, and floors daily.
• Use carpet pieces at the exits of the finishing department, and scrap them once a year.
• Keep vacuum lines in good repair, and clean the trap often.
• Send in scrap regularly to manage market risk.
After considering Argen’s tips for maximizing your return, you are ready to send your scrap:
1. Once your scrap is received at Argen, technicians will carefully document the contents of your package under strict security protocol and send you a confirmation e-mail of the package’s arrival along with an estimated date of completion. What follows is an intricate procedure designed specifically to maximize the value of your precious scrap.
2. In preparation for the first melt, a disk mill is used to crush the scrap, and proprietary flux is added to extract even the smallest particles of precious metals.
3. After the first melt, the materials are cooled, the slag is removed.
4. The metals are placed back inside an induction furnace for a second melt.
5. While the metals are in a molten state, a vacuum pin tube sample is taken. This sampling method insures a homogenous mix and a true representation of the amounts of each metal present in the scrap.
6. Three samples are then dissolved and analyzed by expert chemists using a sophisticated inductively coupled spectroscopy (ICP) machine, the most sophisticated measurement device available.
7. Each batch is tested against controls, and the unmatched level of accuracy means it is perfectly clear how much precious metal is present in a lot of scrap and how much it is worth.
The superior customer service that accompanies the process also sets Argen’s refining services apart from others. You are kept updated throughout the process and provided a straightforward, all-inclusive settlement record with no hidden charges. Another unique difference with Argen Refining is that you will earn returns on platinum, palladium, and silver, as well as gold, insuring that you are receiving the highest possible yield for your dental scrap. Each settlement comes with a personal call to discuss the results and to review flexible payment options—including check or coins—and every batch includes the Argen Guarantee.
Visit www.argenrefining.com to watch a video of their unique refining process and to request your FREE refining kit. Also, as a customer of Argen, you have an open invitation to visit their operations and see for yourself the remarkable refining process as it takes place. Fast turnaround, sophisticated technology, and superior customer service make it clear that when you refine with Argen, you will receive the highest return available for your scrap.
For more information, contact: