October 2012, Volume 8, Issue 10
Published by AEGIS Communications
MI Paste™ and MI Paste Plus™ with RECALDENT™ (CPP-ACP)
Topical tooth crème from GC America can help diminish demineralization, increase salivation, and protect teeth from cavities.
Saliva helps to provide essential minerals that strengthen teeth and protect the enamel. Various activities, such as tooth whitening, taking certain medications, consuming excessive levels of soft drinks or sports drinks, can create an acid imbalance that makes it difficult to produce saliva and protective minerals.
MI Paste™ and MI Paste Plus™ with RECALDENT™ (CPP-ACP) from GC America are one-of-a-kind products that release minerals and help produce saliva. It is the only dental product with RECALDENT™ (CPP-ACP), a special milk-derived protein that is a breakthrough in oral healthcare in helping to strengthen teeth. They are professional products offering clinicians and their patients a truly one-of-a-kind treatment within reach naturally, safely, and effectively.
MI Paste contains the active ingredient RECALDENT™ (CPP-ACP), which binds bio-available calcium and phosphate to tooth surfaces, plaque, and surrounding soft tissue. MI Paste Plus offers the same great benefits of regular MI Paste, but is enhanced with 0.2% sodium fluoride (900 ppm) to further diminish demineralization and protect the teeth from the development of cavities.
MI Paste and MI Paste Plus fight demineralization while improving saliva flow. MI Paste and MI Paste Plus have a proven clinical success record for many indications including high caries risk, xerostomia, orthodontic, oncology, pediatric, and high plaque/special needs patients. Using MI Paste before bleaching not only helps desensitize teeth, but also helps to prevent enamel erosion.
MI Paste is not a toothpaste; it is a topical tooth crème that can be used safely and effectively several times daily. MI Paste and MI Paste Plus are water-based, sugar-free crèmes, available in five delicious flavors (Mint, Vanilla, Tutti Frutti, Strawberry, and Melon).
• MI Paste with RECALDENT™ (CPP-ACP) has a proven clinical success record for patients with increased caries risk and white-spot lesions (eg, orthodontic appliances, bleaching, consumption of sports drinks, and medical therapies causing low salivary flow or xerostomia)
• Casein Phosphopeptides (CPP) are naturally occurring molecules that are able to bind calcium and phosphate ions and stabilize ACP
• Amorphous Calcium Phosphate (ACP) is also the source of calcium and phosphate
• MI Paste with RECALDENT™ (CPP-ACP) is a milk derivative; it is safe, effective, and natural as it releases tooth-replenishing calcium, phosphate, and fluoride
• The calcium and phosphate in RECALDENT™ are known to help strengthen tooth enamel, reduce sensitivity, and buffer plaque acid
• MI Paste is not a toothpaste; it is a topical tooth crème that can be used safely several times daily
• MI Paste Plus offers the same great benefits of regular MI Paste; it is enhanced with a patented form of fluoride
• Both products release vital minerals into the mouth when and where needed
• There is nothing else like MI Paste with RECALDENT™ (CPP-ACP) anywhere; it is the only proven product of its kind worldwide, backed by more than 110 studies.1
Easy At-Home Application
Achieving good.compliance can always be a challenge; however, MI Paste is easy to use. Simply instruct your patient to squeeze a small amount onto a finger, and apply to teeth and mouth using the finger or the tongue to spread over all tooth surfaces. Leave on for at least 3 to 5 minutes, then expectorate but do not rinse. Leave the excess to slowly dissolve on its own.
1. Data on file, GC America. Available at http://www.gcamerica.com/products/preventive/MI_Paste/. Accessed August 14, 2012.
RECALDENT and RECALDENT Device are trademarks used under license.
For more information, contact:
The preceding material was provided by the manufacturer. The statements and opinions contained therein are solely those of the manufacturer and not of the editors, publisher, or the Editorial Board of Inside Dentistry.